Italian Pasta and Tomato Salad
- 8 ounces (2 1/3 cups) uncooked dried penne pasta
- 1/4 pound (1 cup) Cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese, cubed 1/2-inch
- 2 medium (2 cups) tomatoes, cubed 1-inch
- 2 medium (2 cups) zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch
- 1/2 cup Italian vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
- Lettuce leaves
Choose vine-ripened tomatoes to pair with penne pasta.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water; drain.
- Combine pasta and all salad ingredients in large bowl.
- Stir together all dressing ingredients except lettuce leaves in small bowl. Add dressing to salad; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Serve salad on lettuce leaves.