Yes, hard to believe but summer is almost over and fall is just around the corner. The kids are back in school. Now it is time for some "me" time for us moms. Here are some fall beauty tips for this year that I ran across on the web:
This fall Eye looks are all about turning heads — and making it look effortless.
• Gold highlights look great on post-summer sun-kissed skin. Apply golden eye shadow to brow bones and the inner corner of your eyes. This is a great daytime look.
• Define your eyes with brown eyeliner on both the top and bottom lash lines.
• Sweep on brown or clear mascara to warm up the look.
• Earth tones like bronze, chocolate, burnt orange and evergreen are popular fall eye-shadow colors. Try a cream-based shadow — it leaves more color on the lid.
• Curl lashes to add volume to your fringe.
• Complement these eye-shadow colors with brown eyeliner and mascara — it’s a softer look than using black.
Go Big With Eyeliner
• Use eyeliner to create a dramatic effect. Experiment with lining lower lids and the inner corners of your eyes. Try liquid liner for precision with staying power, or smudge pencil liner for a smoky effect.
• Make every lash count. Apply a lash conditioner before sweeping on a few coats of black mascara.
• Go dark with gray, purple or even black eye shadow. Choose carefully depending on your eye color, and apply sparingly.
• Apply matching liquid eyeliner to your lids, just above the lash line.
• Blast your lash curler for a few seconds with your hair dryer to warm it up. Curl your lashes. Then, apply two coats of high-volume black mascara.