Friday, December 3, 2010

Fun Recipe To Make!

I've been a little lapse at my blog for the past week.  I am currently up to my ears in candles.  I am doing a Dance Team fundraiser.  I sat down at the computer to look for new candy recipes for Christmas.  I will be sharing the recipes I found with my readers.  Let me know if you make any of the recipes and how they turned out for you.  This is a recipe that the kids can help you make. It is quick and easy!

Caramel Marshmallow Treats Recipe

Ingredients


5 cups crisp rice cereal, coarsely crushed

1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk

1 package (14 ounces) caramels

1 cup butter, cubed

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon Spice Island® Pure Vanilla Extract

1 package (16 ounces) large marshmallows

Directions

Line two baking sheets with waxed paper; set aside. Place cereal in a shallow bowl. In a large saucepan, cook and stir the milk, caramels and butter over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the cinnamon and vanilla.

With a toothpick, dip each marshmallow into warm caramel mixture; turn to coat. Press marshmallow bottoms in cereal; place on prepared pans. Let stand until set. Yield: 5 dozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment