Friday, October 29, 2010

Low-Fat Pumpkin Bars Recipe

As usual, I have been surfing the internet for healthy and low fat recipes.  As Halloween is just around the corner and Thanksgiving is coming up soon, I was looking for recipes that would coincide with these two holidays.  I ran across this recipe and wanted to share it with my readers.   These pumpkin bars are low fat and provide a healthy alternative to satisfy your sweet tooth. They will make a welcome addition to any Halloween or Fall Harvest party and they are absolutely delicious.


Recipe Ingredients

•2 cups flour
•2 cups sugar
•2 cups pumpkin
•1 cup applesauce
•4 egg whites
•1 tsp soda
•3 tsp baking powder
•1/2 tsp salt

Mix ingredients together and spread on a jellyroll pan. Bake for 25 minutes at 350°. Cool the bars and frost.

Frosting

•3 oz. cream cheese - fat free
•3/4 stick oleo
•1 tsp vanilla
•1 tsp milk
•1 3/4 cup powdered sugar (added gradually)

Spread the frosting evenly over the pumpkin bars and you're finished!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, it sounds wonderful!! We have two Halloween parties tomorrow night. I am thinking they both get this desert from me! (Better make one to keep at the house too:))
    www.8aplenty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://barbarasbeat.blogspot.com/
    I am following from the hop

    ReplyDelete